Our client in Epping is urgently looking for a Qualified Fitter & Turner to work on a 3 month contract – might be extended.
Incumbents will be required to:
- Carry out repairs and maintenance on machinery and equipment in line with prescribed regulations and standards;
- Regular inspections, fault finding and preventative maintenance jobs;
- Testing equipment after repairs are completed;
- Turning, milling, welding and fitting for fabrication of components;
- Support the packaging department with start-up and fault finding of equipment;
- Assist with change-overs according to the packaging plan;
- Participate and contribute in the morning meeting activities, Innovation and business improvements in support of operational and segment goals
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Qualified Mechanical Artisan (Minimum of NTC3 or N3 & Trade Test Certificate)
- Qualification for Fitter and TURNER / Fitter / Mill wright
Characteristics/skills and knowledge:
- Must be proficient in fault finding as per drawings, equipment and be able to take corrective action.
· Ability to work accurately and according to precise measurements and specifications;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of preventative maintenance principles and systems
· Good Analytical and diagnostic skills.
· Experience working on rotating machinery ie fillers, labellers would be and advantage
· Competent in turning, milling, argon and arc welding would be and advantage
· Competent in pneumatics and hydraulics;
· Reflect good leadership behaviour – towards colleagues, superior and company values;
· Able to do in depth problem solving and fault finding;
· Able to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position;
· Have the ability to work under pressure;
· Able to work shifts, on weekends and flexible hours;