• Application support
• Updating the helpdesk system & CRM timeously and diligently.
• Effectively communicate with external customers, keeping them updated on progress made & advising of new developments/releases
• Remote support using Microsoft’s remote desktop and/or Teamviewer.
• Very seldom but there might be after hours work required.
• Reports as and when required by management
• Scripting PowerShell and/or Python
• To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
• To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
• Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible
• Escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
• Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
• Install and configure new IT equipment.
• Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software
• Maintain customer service, ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
• Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
• Min 3-5 years’ experience in an IT environment
• NB: Analytical abilities focusing on technical troubleshooting. (Not negotiable)
• Bi-lingual – English and Afrikaans (Not negotiable)
• Punctual and Reliable (Not negotiable)
• Strong customer orientation with a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to take initiative
• Ability to work under pressure without supervision and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
• Ability and willingness to share knowledge with team members.
• Application support experience.
• Excellent Windows Server understanding.
• Excellent Network understanding including firewall concepts.
• Experience with Microsoft’s IIS
• Experience with a CRM system
• Remote Support experience using applications such as Teamviewer (or equivalent).
• Knowledge of financial markets
• Experience with Virtualization platforms such as Hyper-V
Correspondence will be with short-listed candidates only. Should you not receive a response within 4 weeks from application date then please consider your application unsuccessful