Mechanic General – Global Grade 8
- Perform planned and breakdown repairs, services and maintenance on Earthmoving Equipment and components to supplier standards and customer requirements
- Quickly and efficiently diagnose machine systems and carry out repairs, services and maintenance on Earthmoving Equipment on customer sites or at Barloworld Equipmentsite.
- Compile accurate customer machine analysis and reports including Machine Inspection Reports (MIR’s) and Technical Analysis Reports (TA’s)
- Maintain professional image when representing Barloworld Equipment
- Ensure safe work practice
- Control Contamination
- Control own admin (labour booking, service reports, part returns, expenses etc.)
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
REQUIREMENTS OF CANDIDATES:
- Matric and Qualified in relevant trade (e.g. Diesel Mechanic / Earthmoving Equipment Mechanic)
- Applicable product knowledge in PM, Components and Machine Systems;
- Machine specific technical knowledge and skills
- Understanding of supplier warranty systems, policies and procedures
- Basic trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Basic technical report writing and failure analysis skills
- Basic business and financial understanding
- Some Computer Literacy (SIS, STW and ET) knowledge
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Costumer orientation
- Drivers licence – Code B
- Please ensure you upload one PDF or Word version of your CV. The file size cannot exceed 250MB.
- Your application will not upload using the first link if your CV is or has any scanned documents attached.
- To apply using the second link, you need to sign in as an employee on the website.