Salary:Remuneration at the total cost to Council salary package (R 332 779 – R 457 333.2) of which (R 223 044 – R 289 524) is basic salary per annum
- BCom in Accounting / National Diploma in Accounting or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Responsible for implementation of operational process for the Cash Management section into Treasury division
- Implement the governance and risk management
- Ensure adequate implementation and maintenance of financial process, Maintain customer service orientation
- Responsible for people management Investigating and report on all audit queries, implementing necessary changes
- Adhering to accounting best practice required by treasury and other financial institutions
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly and annual budgets and financial reports in accordance with statutory requirements and presentation to Council. Adhering to specified standards, policies and SOPs to prevent and reduce wastage on financial resources and escalate associated risk
- Downloading bank statements on bank system (cash focus) and upload on financial system (Venus). Analysing statements, allocate bank charges, interest and transfers to relevant ledger votes. Comparing (link) deposits on bank statement with total daily receipts issued
- Comparing (link) third party collections (Post Office, Pay Direct, Easy Pay and ACB) with deposit on bank statement
- Updating debtor’s direct payments on debtor account. (Where applicable)
- Reporting bank errors and follow up until resolved with bank officials. Reporting over and under banking and follow up until resolved with revenue officials. Balancing under / over banking error suspense votes
- Reconciling RD cheques debited to bank account with those reversed against debtor’s accounts and those not yet reversed. Following up on RD cheques not yet reversed. Balancing Rd cheques suspense Ledger (votes) and Bank closing balance with cashbook ledger closing balance (Vote). Creating bank reconciliation report on Venus
- Compiling a summary and report to supervisor. Adhering to policies and procedures. Filing all records and maintains the filing systems. Obtaining original printed bank statements from bank; file and safekeeping.
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s by email to: email@example.com.
Enquiries: Ceri Clark Tel: (011) 628 8308
Please quote reference number on application.
Note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement. Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.