Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Johannesburg and Pretoria have Hygiene & Cleaning (NQF 1) Learnership opportunities available for individuals hoping to start their career in the Retail industry.
Successful applicants will contribute to Dis-Chem`s high merchandising and packing standards within the stores.
- Matric or Grade 12 Qualification
- Passionate about the retail environment
- Willing and able to work retail hours
Function and Duties:
- Maintain a safe and secure retail environment.
- Assist with marking merchandise and maintaining displays according to Dis-Chem standards when required.
- Assist with general packing when required.
- Assist with maintaining the stock on the shelves to ensure it has not reached its sell-by date.
- Boxes must be flattened after unpacking stock and taken to the designated area.
- Keep the storeroom organised, neat and tidy.
- Assist with ensuring that front shop shelves and products are neatly presented and visible at all times.
- Assist with the loading and off-loading of stock when needed.
- All merchandise must be handled carefully to prevent any losses.
- Interact with customers.
- Housekeeping must be in accordance with Dis-Chem standards. Make sure that the store is always clean and tidy.
- Adhere to Dis-Chem Health and Safety Regulations.
- Adhere to Dis-Chem Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adhere to the Dis-Chem the uniform and personal appearance policy.
- English – Read, write and speak well.
- Have good customer service.
- Be trustworthy and honest.
- Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes.
- Maintain and adapt oral/signed communication.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the retail environment.
- Attention to detail and time management skills.
- 2nd Additional Language
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE – Clear Criminal and Credit Record
- Reliable transport
- Be able and willing to work retail hours and weekends
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Opportunity Closing Date:
Sunday, June 17, 2018