Gibela is a new, exciting, empowered South African company, charged with building South Africa’s new commuter trains right here in South Africa, by South Africans, over the next 10 years, with this focus and drive in mind we are offering a bursary to qualifying students.
In doing so, Gibela will revitalise South Africa’s once proud railway industry.
UNIVERSITIES AND UNIVERSITIES OF TECHNOLOGY
• Matriculation with exemption in mathematics, science and accounting at Level 6, and English at Level 5
• Written proof of acceptance for admission to a South African university or university of technology
• Electrical, electronic, mechanical, metallurgical and industrial engineering
• Computer science and information technology
• Supply chain
• Matriculation with mathematics, science, and English at Level 4
• Written proof of acceptance for admission to a South African TVET institution
• Fitters and turners
• Control and instrumentation technicians
These bursaries are granted for one year, renewable on an annual basis, based on academic performance
If you are:
- A South African citizen with a South African bar-coded identity document
- Enrolled or intending to enrol at a South African university, university of technology or technical vocational education and training (TVET) institution
- In need of financial assistance
- Able to demonstrate potential for academic success
Apply for a 2018 Gibela Bursary which covers:
- Full tuition
- A book allowance
If you do not hear from us by 30 November 2017, your application has not been successful.
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2017