Closing Date: 11 March 2018
TCTA is a state owned entity based in Centurion. It is a specialised liability management body for bulk water supply development in the most cost-effective manner to the benefit of the water consumer. In line with the Extended National Skills Development Strategy III, and in an effort to contribute to skills development, employability and economic growth of the county, TCTA offers ten (10) exciting internship opportunities for suitably qualified and deserving graduates from previously disadvantaged background. See below internship details:
Requirements for applicants
- Must be a South African Citizen with a valid South African Identity Document
- Must be unemployed youth below 35 years of age with relevant undergraduate/post graduate qualification
- Must have passed all major subjects with at least 65% grade and above
- Must not have obligation of employment with former sponsor
- Must have graduated within a period not longer than four (4) years ago
- Must have leadership capability and /or potential
- Must be computer literate
- Must be fluent in writing and speaking English
- Must be willing to be placed at site including across the border including Lesotho
The internship opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Finance / Supply Chain Management (x2)
- Project Finance and Treasury (x2)
- Engineering i.e. Civil / Electrical (Controls & Instrumentation) / Mechanical and Chemical (x3)
- Environmental Management (x1)
- Legal, Risk and Compliance (x1)
- Human Resource Management (x1)
Preference during selection will be given to:
- Previously disadvantaged individuals(i.e. Females, Africans, Coloureds, and Indians)
- People with Disabilities
Internships will be allocated on the basis of a balanced consideration of the following factors:
- Academic Achievement
- Race and gender
- Need of TCTA in reference to the specific Area(s)
- Performance in the interview and/or assessments
- Other requirements as specified
The duration of the internship two (2) years and the success of the internship completion will depend on the dedication and performance of the graduate over and above the support and exposure provided by TCTA.
TCTA will endeavour to employ graduates who have successfully completed their internships should there be suitable positions available. However, the internal recruitment policy and procedures will apply.
The Internship package will make provision for a monthly stipend.
Documents to be submitted with the application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Academic Record and Copy of Qualification if already received
- Motivation letter for application
- Reference letter
Received applications will be screened against the set criteria, and only short-listed applicants will be contacted for verification and interviews.
How To Apply
Should you not hear from TCTA 30 days from the closing date, then consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications is 11 March 2018.