This Learnership is offered at the Boekenthoutkloof Traffic College, and therefore Traffic Learners would be expected to leave in-house.
The specific reference number of the post must be quoted; failure to comply with these instructions will disqualify applications from being processed.
Department of Community Safety Boekenthoutkloof Traffic College
Package R3 000 per month (A Stipend will be offered per month over the duration of this learnership programme)
- Grade 12 and must be 35 years or younger.
- At least a Code B Valid Driver’s licence.
- A name clearance certificate from South African Police Services indicating that the applicants does not have a criminal record or pending case against you.
- Citizenship: South African.
- Applicants must be physically fit.
The training of traffic officers will be done in terms of the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) registered qualification for traffic officers.
The qualification currently comprises of a total of 172 credits.
To ensure that the specific outcome of the unit standards within the registered qualification are met, the qualification has been divided into seven modules i.e. Module 1 Personal orientation learning material.
- Module 2 Legislation and people.
- Module 3 Legislation and traffic.
- Module 4 Legislation and vehicle compliance.
- Module 5 Legislation and traffic hazards.
- Module 6 Load compliance. Module 7 Communication with customers.Successful candidates will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract with the Department and completion of the course, learners will receive a Diploma in Basic Traffic Officer: NQF 4
Closing Date: 2017/07/20
HOW TO APPLY