Position Purpose: To be trained over a period of plus-minus 24 months in Overhead Track Equipment maintenance functions including Train Working Rules in order to obtain the necessary skills to become a Traction Lineman.
Operating Division: Transnet Freight Rail
Position Title: Trainee Traction Linesman
Employee Group: Trainee
Department: Infrastructure Engineering
Location: Various Locations
Reporting To: Assistant Foreman: OHTE
Grade Level: SSTFT
Reference Number: 50013669
- Safety of sub-ordinates
- Coach and guide team members
- Daily reports/time sheets
- Work permits
- Overhead Track Equipment correctly maintained
- Complete Overhead Track Equipment construction/projects
- Comply to safe working procedures
- Grade 12 with Maths and Science
- To pass all modules as per the OHTE Training programme
- To obtain drivers licence (Code C1) during period of training, pre-requisite for consideration for appointment on completion of training.
- Free from claustrophobia (fear of confined places)
- Comply with depth perception criteria
- Free from acrophobia (fear of heights)
- Physically fit
- Comply with the visual acuity and colour perception test
- OHTE course material
- Safety (working areas)
- Act 85 and regulations
- Electrical safety instruction
- Code 29
- OHTE equipment
- First aid
- General appendix no 5
- OHTE safety regulations
- Earthing and bonding procedures
- Maintenance of electrical 3Kv, DC, 25Kv or 5DC
- Sound judgement
- Conflict handling
- Crane handling
- Decision making
- Diagnostic ability
- Problem solving
- Slinging (rigging)
- Acts with integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Results orientated
- Inspire trust
a) This is a Safety Related and/or Safety Critical job.
b) The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job
How to Apply
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
The closing date is on 15.02.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Richards Bay
- Piet Retief
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.