|Reference Number: RSWD6620
Position: Truck Driver
Department: Roads and Stormwater
Salary: R177 036 – R242 844 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 10
- A valid Code C1 / C driver’s license with PrDP
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Load, transport and offload material and equipment to various worksites and depots to ensure timeous and adequate supply of material and equipment
- Exercise vehicle control to ensure proper and safe utilisation of vehicle and tasks at hand and to ensure quality of work
- Record and report on daily tasks to ensure appropriate record keeping of work executed
- Record daily tasks on job cards for control and costing purposes
- Adhere to safe truck operating standards and specifications to ensure safe and proper delivery of materials and equipment and to adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Comply and adhere to Council’s communication policies and standards ensuring compliance with legislation
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) or the intranet (for internal staff).
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7532
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2017/10/13