To start: ASAP
A portfolio of web applications (not websites) will be required. Please submit a portfolio of web applications together with your CV.
Web application developer. i.e. the use of web platform (open source in our case) coding languages to build an application.
1. Translate software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs for use in business.
2. Write specifications; design, build, test and implement applications using programming languages and development tools.
3. Support systems on jobs.
4. Review current systems and present ideas for system improvements.
5. Prepare training manuals for users.
• Work methodically.
• Expand high-level plans to detailed tasks with estimations of task durations.
• Produce checklists.
• Work according to plans and checklists.
• Revise plans as required.
• Work as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of a program.
• Combine all elements of the program design.
• Test sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended.
• Conduct testing and installing the program into production.
• Respond to problems and correct the program as necessary.
• Evaluate and increase the program’s effectiveness.
• Adapt the program to new requirements as necessary.
• Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately.
Software and system testing
• Testing of new products.
• Testing of changes to functionality.
• Write detailed documentation and manuals for the operation of the program by users and computer operators.
• Write job control systems.
• Coding according to requirements.
• Follow a deadline driven plan.
• Support new online systems.
• Support newly deployed and changed system.
• Research new better methods
• Research new competing products
• Consult manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge.
• User training and providing support
• Fault finding, diagnoses and fixing.
• Assist with any other duties as may be required.
• BCompSc OR suitable portfolio of evidence
• 4-8 years web development experience
• Translate business requirements to system requirements
• PHP (WordPress, Frameworks and MVC advantageous)
• CSS3, Responsive Development, Bootstrap
• UX and UI Experience
• Attention to detail
• Time Management – deadline driven
• Work without supervision – be responsible
• Appreciation for urgency and dependencies
• Work under pressure